Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Walking by Faith

Everything looks calm now
It's comfortable
Safe

That place looks scary
It's uneasy
dangerous

I try to look beyond
Here, in the meadow
I can lay out plans
I can anticipate changes
But out there
I've no idea what's coming
But whatever it is
I'm afraid of it

Or at least
It seems like that

I know
That this year
Is not what I
Anticipated
So many things
So many normal things
Caught me by surprise
Every year of my life

But it's so hard
To believe that
Looking to the flow
To the temporary

I know
That's He's stronger
Than all my fears
He loves me
He has plans for me
And He deserves my servitude
I know it all
From experience
From friends
From books
From basic reasoning

I've seen it proved
A thousand times over
But it's so much easier
To trust sight
Than knowledge

I need to get out
Before I forget it all
I push my feet into the sand
Feeling around
Dragging my feet
As I walk

There!
I find it
A mere inch below
One little stepping stone
And then another
And another

The path is laid out
Though I can't see where it goes
I'll walk by faith
And not by sight
I will trust my mind
And not my heart

No comments:

Post a Comment