Sunday, July 10, 2011

Overflowing Joy

I don't know where it came from
I've been distracted
Dwelling on my ego
Full of every manner of sin
There's been some obedience
There's been some worship
But all watered down
With vanity

I guess He didn't care

It can only have come from Him
This delight
This sheer
Overflowing
Joy

In an instant
I am all giggles and grins
It bubbles up without warning
It lights up my whole being
So that even my pride is redeemed
And thoughts of my own worth turn
To how He can use me

Fairy land is tumbling round in my chest
The squeals and laughs of a little child
Are ripening in my throat

The Enemy is at my elbow
Tugging at my shirt
Pouring in
Every conceivable distraction
Pricking me
With every available pin

But what weapon
Earthly or infernal
Can pierce
My Daddy's arms?

No comments:

Post a Comment