Monday, July 11, 2011

Before, Behind, and Beside Me

He goes before me
Preparing the way
Softening a hardened heart
Setting a trap for my pride
Making a space at the Father's feast

There is an adventure ahead
An eternal romance
And He is preparing my role
The magic trinkets
The dragon-slaying sword
The dragon to be slain
The fellowship to be formed
The hero-to-be
Whom it is my privilege to rescue

His voice beckons
His scarred hands
Have marked out the path


He goes behind me
Watching my back
And mending the broken twigs

I am called away
From tasks half-finished
And trust that He stays back
And knows what He is doing

I stumble
I falter
I give in to evil
But He is behind me
And I can go on
Leaving behind
All worries
And guilt
And fear
For He will fix it
And keep the fiends in their place


He goes beside me
With a helping hand
And a warm touch

In the Valley of the Shadow of Death
He lays me down
In green pastures
Beside quiet waters
Amidst my mortal enemies
He sits me down
To feast without worry

I call His name
And in an instant
I am in His arms
And the wolves flee

I go and dine
With the Enemy of my soul
And He sits there
The whole time
As I ignore
And slander Him
Sometimes He strikes me
Sometimes He just waits
But He is always there
And if I hurt Him
It is because He allows it
If my words cut
It is because He
Has chosen to be soft


Messiah Yeshua
Jesus Christ
The Lion of the Tribe of Judah
The Risen Son of God
The Lamb that was Slain
Emmanuel
Deliverer
The King of Kings
The Man from Galilee
Before Whom mountains bow
Oceans cease to boast
And the rocks burst into song
It is He
Who is before
And behind
And beside me

No comments:

Post a Comment