Thursday, November 10, 2011

The Whirlwind

One moment a gentle breeze
The next moment a hurricane
One night I am dwelling in the glory of the Lord
The very next day I'm drowning in normalcy
All it takes is an extra-long essay
A good manga manga
A bit of attention
A lethargic urge
And I turn back to disobedience

His Word is my anchor
By knowledge I am held firm
But a thousand arguments turn against me
By days end they shall be proven frauds
Like all the others before them
Fallacies and lies
But still I sway and stumble

I find myself in obedience
After a week of urging
And constant reluctance
And in a moment
My pride steps in
To spoil all my offerings
When I am on my own
Even my acts of righteousness end in destruction

My very best is not good enough.
It is inadequate
But the El-Shaddai is my King

No comments:

Post a Comment