Friday, August 19, 2011

1 Kings 19:11-13

You should run now
My God is coming
I know I can never hurt you
I know that you are stronger
That you are smarter
That as long as I stand
On my own strength
You have nothing to fear from me

But the El Shaddai is coming
The Annointed One
My Bridegroom approaches

There is a wind
A wind as sharp as any blade
As strong as any machine
It splits boulders in two
And blasts mountains to rubble

But God is not in the wind

There is an earthquake
A trembling as if a thousand giants
Were all dancing in celebration
Or as if the Hosts of Heaven
Had broken down into the infernal depths
And the celestial armory displayed it's terrible might

But God is not in the earthquake

There is a fire
Like the blazing sun
Like Baal's furnace
Blazing like never before
And sent out in mockery
Against those who lit it
The waters disappear
Stone walls turn to ash
When I close my eyes
I see them still
And just as bright

But God is not in the fire

There is a whisper in my ear
So beautiful I weep to hear more
And a cool, soft touch
Like a rose petal
Falling across my cheek

Every word melts away the lies
Every touch softens the calluses
His kiss undoes my pride

God is in the whisper

You should run now...

No comments:

Post a Comment